Create an account and sign up for Seller Central
When you know what products to sell on Amazon seller central, the next thing you will have to do is register in the Amazon sales center providing the country, the type of company, a credit card, a phone number, your personal information and your bank details. .
In addition, you will have to choose between the 2 types of accounts. Remember that there are 2: the individual seller and the professional seller. Most sellers go for the professional accounts, but you can always start with the individual account to try and move on to the pro later.
Create your first listing or product listing
To add your first product, you must go to the “Inventory” section and click on “Add a product”. Now Amazon will ask you to look for your product among those that are already sold. You can search by barcode or EAN code , or by product name directly. Unless you are selling an item that you made yourself, you probably don’t need to create a new product.
IMPORTANT: If for some reason you do not have an EAN code because you have imported your products from a non-European supplier, such as China, you will have to create one to be able to sell on Amazon. There are several companies to achieve this, such as Aecoc.
Once you have searched for your product, you will surely see several options that are already sold by other competitors on Amazon. Just select it and it will take you to a page to finish filling in the missing data. The good thing about doing it this way is that the product will already appear in the appropriate category and subcategories, since this work has already been done by someone before you.
If there is no product like yours, you have to create a new listing. That is, you should look for the category and subcategories that have the most to do with your product to put it on sale there.Then you can start filling in the product information fields such as title, brand, weight, color, etc.
Upload good photos of your products
In addition to the features, as you can see in the screenshot above, in this step you must upload the photos of your product and create the variants, if you have them. It is very important that you do it well, since the graphic section is the first thing the user will notice.
Look at the difference between these 2 products:
As you can see, the first one puts a quality photo of a good size and the second one has uploaded a smaller image and without making the most of the image margins .
Tips for your product images:
- Upload quality photos so that when you zoom in, you can see the details of the product.
- Crop the photo, removing as much space as possible from the margins, so that the product occupies the entire image.
- Photograph your product from various angles.
- Cut out the object and put it on a white background.
Put a competitive price on your products
Once you have completed all the fields, you will need to establish a price for each of your products. This is something that you have to think very well, as it will directly affect the amount of sales you make and the return on investment .
Therefore, before setting a random price, you take into account the following points:
- Calculate the costs and benefits : put aside the costs you have to manufacture or get the product, and the management costs. Then, establish a minimum price at which you would have to sell that product to obtain a profit margin.
- Analyze your competition : see at what price your competition sells your products, or very similar items. Keep in mind that if a user sees your product cheaper in another seller, this may make them opt for it and not for you.
- Look at the prices of other stores : something you have to think about, is that you are not only competing with other sellers within Amazon. You also do it with external sellers who have their own online store.
Based on all this, you will already be able to know what price you should put and if it is profitable for you to sell said product through Amazon.
Ship the products yourself or have Amazon take care of it
After a person has made a purchase of one of your products, Amazon will notify you by email and with a notification in your panel of Seller Central.
When you go to the order details, you will have all the buyer’s information so that you can ship the product within the agreed period. However, if you do not want to take care to manage shipping and possible returns of products, you can hire the service of logistics Amazon , also called FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon).
But what is Amazon logistics?
It is a service that allows you to forget about everything related to the shipping and storage of your product and that can bring you many advantages. When hiring it, you have to previously send your products to Amazon warehouses, so that when someone places an order in any of the 5 European marketplaces, Amazon will take care of managing it without you having to do anything and send it quickly to the recipient.
Advantages of Fulfillment by Amazon:
- Management of shipments and returns:Amazon will take care of making all shipments and returns to buyers automatically.
- Customer service:Amazon will answer the queries that users make to customer service in the local language of the marketplace.
- Get the Prime badge:By having this badge, your products will attract more attention from potential customers since they will have the product at home in a very short time due to fast shipping.
- Displays the ‘Managed by Amazon’ badge:Users trust Amazon because they always meet the customer on time and quality, so they prefer to buy products managed by Amazon. If you have this badge, you will increase your sales.
- Get the “Buy Box”:The Buy Box allows the user to add your product directly to the cart, without having to see other purchase options from your competitors. By purchasing FBA, you will have a better chance of getting it.
In case you decide to use FBA for the logistics of your sales, after uploading your products to inventory, you will have to select them and click on “Ship or restore inventory” .After this, you have to put the units of each product and create their labels. These labels will be saved as a pdf so that you can print and stick them on the packages before sending them to Amazon.
Next you will have to fill in the shipping details, select the courier company you want to collect the package from, calculate the costs and print the shipping label that you will have to stick on the packaging you are going to use. When Amazon receives your products, they will begin to be available on the platform automatically.
Receive your income
Unlike what happens in your online store, where you have your own payment gateway linked directly to your bank, if you sell on Amazon, customers will use the American giant’s gateways and payment methods. Because of this, payments are received and handled in full by Amazon .The good thing is that you do not have to configure a POS and you only have to worry about putting your bank account. The downside is that you will not receive the income from each sale instantly, if not that Amazon will pay you when 15 days have passed.
Of course, something you have to bear in mind is that customers have the right to return your products if they are not convinced once received. Therefore, Amazon can withhold the amount of the sale for the necessary time until the claim is resolved , because for Amazon their customer are the priority. And no doubt its hell of a task to do it all on your own, that’s why you can go for a Virtual Assistant who shall do it all for u and that’s what Ecommvida shall provide