If you want to invest in ad campaigns to sell your products, Amazon Ads is your best alternative. Know everything it can offer you …Meeting the giants Google and Facebook, is Amazon with its advertising platform: Amazon Ads. The tool is already considered the main e-commerce platform in the world, so the reasons for advertising on it are many and compelling.
The main benefit of advertising on Amazon Ads is increased exposure and recognition at unprecedented levels, regardless of geography or language.
For its part, Amazon’s advertising tool, Amazon Marketing Services (AMS), although it has similar functions to Google Ads and Facebook Ads, also includes much more basic criteria than these two platforms, which makes it very easy to use.
If you are interested in creating the best ad campaigns on this platform for your brand, you may want to review the marketing services for Amazon that offers its customers. For the rest, read on to learn more about Amazon Ads and how to advertise on it.
Advantages of advertising on Amazon Ads
Some of the main advantages offered to brands by the platform that houses more than 300 million active users are:
- More competitive Cost Per Click: the constant updates of Amazon Marketing Services (AMS), have resulted in more profitable CPCs compared to other advertising tools such as Google Ads and Facebook Ads.
- It is purely transactional: Amazon users have a fairly clear intention within the platform, and that is none other than buying. Therefore, their behavior has a greater predisposition to the different offers that they can find for the products that interest them the most. This is a key factor that can increase sales.
- High-impact data: As an e-commerce platform, Amazon Ads delivers valuable data to brands about user behavior. Information such as the user’s searches, their interests, the time it takes to make the purchase decision and the steps in which they decide to invest more time, among other metrics are those generated by the platform.
- Endorsed by the number one company in electronic commerce: It is enough to know the history of Amazon , its evolution and its current presence in the market, to understand the benefits of investing time in knowing how to exploit its advertising platform.
Criteria to take into account when advertising in Amazon Ads
Some of the aspects to take into consideration when creating an Amazon Ads campaign are as follows:
- Select the best keywords: so that your brand appears among the search results. To choose the most competitive keywords you just have to be very attentive to your competitors and the keywords they use.
- Create campaigns by product category: this applies if your brand offers different types of products, so that you have different campaigns created based on each product category.
- Always measure: testing your campaigns to find the one that gives you the best return on investment. On the other hand, only with a correct analysis of your results will you be able to make the necessary optimizations for each campaign.
Create the best possible ads: taking into account four important criteria, such as notoriety, loyalty, purchase and consideration.
Types of advertising on Amazon
The types of advertising campaigns on Amazon are three:
It is as if it were a free buffet, we found the solutions that Amazon offers as self-service and as we say there are three types of campaigns.
Advertising on Amazon –
This type of ads helps you increase the sales of your products , since it is related to the search terms. They are typically displayed above or below the search results page and also on other product detail pages. Sponsored products are activated by keyword and advertisers have the option to choose between different types of matches, set a daily budget and the duration of the campaign.
2.- Sponsored brands
These ads include your brand logo, title, and up to three products, increasing your brand recognition. The main feature of this ad is that you can create a totally personalized page, as if it were a mini landing page of your brand and products within Amazon.Users will reach this personalized page when they click on the title or the logo, as in the image below.If they click on one of the products on this carousel, it will take them to a product detail page.
Advertising on Amazon – Sponsored brands
Advertising on Amazon – Sponsored brands product detail
3.- Sponsored Display
Sponsored Display are pages created for your products and categories with predesigned templates or content blocks.You don’t need to advertise on Amazon to create one, but you do have to be the owner of a brand that sells products.We could say that the display are a portfolio of your brand , being able to direct users through a unique URL that Amazon provides you.
The benefits of advertising on Amazon
- As with any advertising platform, advertising on Amazon has strengths and weaknesses, but we are going to focus only on the benefits that will allow us to boost sales.
- When consumers go to Google, they are conducting searches and comparisons, but when they go to Amazon, they have a specific product in mind and there is a purchase intention.
- Advertising on Amazon allows us to optimize the performance of our ads by being able to select the budget, the start and end date, and adjust the keywords to the search terms.
- According to Patrical Ecommerce, the average cost per click on Amazon rarely exceeds € 0.31, which makes its ads cheaper based on CPC when compared to other platforms such as Google Ads .
- We must also bear in mind that Amazon searches show a clear transactional intention.
Finally, the different types of ads, as we have seen above, allow sellers to choose the most suitable ones depending on their advertising strategy and available budget.If you are looking for recognition of your brand, bet on sponsored brands, while sponsored products will allow you to compete with other products with similar or related characteristics.